Another fun and fast recipe using the Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauce I got at BlogHer Food '12. I tweaked Progresso's recipe slightly, using Bisquick Heart Smart, instead of Original Bisquick, and adding shredded cheddar cheese along with the parm. The extra cheddar really bumps up the cheesiness and color.
Progresso suggests serving these with a couple of dipping sauces, but Mike and I loved them plain or with just a little bit of butter.
- 1 18-ounce can Progresso Recipe Starters creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spritz cookie sheets with non-stick buttery spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup of the cooking sauce and the egg with a whisk until well blended.
- Stir in Bisquick mix and both cheese, stirring until just moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden.